Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quickie Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I'll admit that I have never really been interested in werewolves or shape shifters or anything of that sort. It was never a concept that really intrigued me. I didn't see the allure. So, when I received Shiver for my birthday I wasn't all that excited to read. I put it on my TBR list and moved on. However, it did not sit on my TBR pile for long. Something in the book really drew me to it; I'm not sure if it was the awesome color coordination betwen the title, cover art, and text or the cover art itself. Whatever it was, I picked up Shiver and didn't put it down again until it was finished.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. My favorite thing about it was the writing style. I loved the inclusion of lyrics (Sam in general was a very nice addition) and I liked the flow of the novel.

Definitely looking forward to picking up the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment