Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quickie Review: On Fallen Angels

Few things have intrigued me the way that fallen angels do. The concept that a being that was created in the image of purity and faith could fall so far from that and corrupt in the antithesis of its very existence is interesting beyond words. With that said, I have had very little literary contact with the idea of fallen angels. Other than one novel that I read in grade school, What Happened to Lani Garver by Caroline Plum-Ucci, I have never encountered angels in written word.

Since I've started blogging and watching videos on YouTube, I've been introduced to some amazing books that I don't think I would have read otherwise. Hush, Hush and Crescendo are two of those books. The first two in a trilogy (Silence is due out in October 2011), both HH and C chronicle the lives of Patch, a fallen angel, and his love interest Nora. One of the most poignant moments of the novels is indeed the love story that emerges between the two. It was really powerful to see the lengths that Patch went, at least intially, to get love. It was also a commentary on how love can create but also destroy.

These novels are certainly recommended. I can't wait for the final novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment