Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quickie Review: Kane Chronicles

As an Egyptologist, I tend to read literature on Egypt from a purely academic standpoint. Therefore, it was a treat to see the myths of Egypt woven in a fictional way. I absolutely enjoyed both The Red Pyramid and The Throne of Fire and I was surprised at how historically accurate they were. Throughout both novels, there was only one "error" that I found. In the novel, the Kane siblings pronounce the sky goddess Nut, like a peanut. It's more commonly pronounced Nut, like moot or boot. Other than that, the factual basis was solid. I also really liked the fact that the novel was written like a transcript of a recording.

I'm looking forward to the third and final novel in this trilogy. It is still in the beginning process but sure to be a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment