Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Hunger Games Trilogy Review

The Hunger Games Trilogy is a series of novel written by young-adult author Suzanne Collins. It includes The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. They were all published by Scholastic Press between 2008 and 2010. So I don't spoil the series, I will not give the full synopsis of the three novels.
This series received a 5/5 stars.
If I had to describe this novel in two words they would be: poignant and thought-provking. Not only does it involve themes of government oppression and poverty, but it uses them to stir thought and discussion. Collins isn't trying to exploit the themes. She is using the novel as a social commentary; to spark debate, to make people think. Reading the novel really gives me perspective on my own life and how much freedom I have. My worries are nothing compared to those of Katniss and the other children of the districts. Also, Collins has an amazing writing style that includes fast-paced action mixed with emotional and critical thoughts. Plus, the characterization is superb. Each character is their own person, with the central characters being very well-developed. Great themes, great action, and great characters.Please read these books!
Happy reading, everyone!
xoxo Book Nook Reviews
Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment